Cafeteria food just got great.
Get a taste of Scott Café.
If you have a picture in your head of what cafeteria food is like — get a taste of Scott Café — you’re in for the surprise of your life.
Scott Café takes dorm food to a whole new level. You’ll enjoy freshly prepared, high-quality cuisine that gives any local restaurant a run for its money. And the variety is huge! You can nosh on something different every time you stop in. Here’s some of what you can expect:
- Constantly changing hot line, with gourmet, home-style cooking
- Fresh green salad bar with all your favorite toppings
- Deli bar with freshly sliced meats, veggies and condiments
- Short-order line for when you’re craving burgers, Phillies, fries and more
- Frequent specialty bars (including burritos, hoagies, stir-fry, tacos, bread bowls for soup and more)
- Made-fresh pizza selections
- Ever-changing dessert selections and soft serve ice cream
- Fresh fruit and drinks you can grab on the go like flavored coffees, cappuccino, chai tea and hot chocolate
Open to everyone, not just residents
Anyone is welcome at Scott Café. If you don’t have a meal plan, you can just pay cash. And the food is worth every penny!
Never a dull moment
Beyond food, there’s always something happening at Scott Café. With fun monthly events to meet and greet your fellow students, and late hours during finals week, Scott Café is the social center of Scott Campus. See for yourself
- Our Green Initiative
At Scott Café we are committed to reducing our waste footprint by continuing to look for ways we can be more eco-friendly. We currently recycle 5,000 pounds of cardboard, plastic, tin and aluminum each month and 1000 gallons of cooking oil per year. We try to keep our paper and plastic use to a minimum and have switched the majority of our products to those that are made from renewable resources or easily compostable. Our dishwashing and cleaning chemicals are low phosphorus or phosphate free. We also have our own herb garden on property. Our ongoing commitment to the environment includes continuing what we do as well as looking at ways to expand our garden, compost our food waste and get 100% of our paper and plastic products eco-friendly.
Scott Café Hours
- Monday-Friday: 7 a.m.-8 p.m.
- Saturday-Sunday: 10 a.m.-7 p.m.
- Click Here For Summer Hours
- Café Express is located in the Peter Kiewit Institute, just one block west of Scott Hall.
- Enjoy grab-and-go coffee, snacks, sandwiches, soup and more!
9:00 a.m.-3 p.m.
Severe Weather Hours
- If UNO cancels classes due to inclement weather, the hours are as follows:
- Scott Café: 10 a.m.-7 p.m.
- Scott Café Express: Closed